Tuesday, March 22, 2011

You Put What in My Chicken? Salad






Okay, got a new one here that is going to become a favorite in my house. Its pretty simple, keeps well and is total yum in the tum. One little ingredient is a little wild so I call it:

"You Put What in My Chicken? Salad"

Here's what you need: If I haven't mentioned it yet, try to do all organic. Its just better.

4 small chicken breast tenderloins
1 yellow squash (or 1 large apple if you like that in your salad)
1 big head of broccoli
1 big handful of cherry tomatoes

2 cap fulls of apple cider vinegar
2 tbs of your favorite BBQ sauce
1 tbs of Herby seasoning (or your favorite)
2 tbs flax seed
some grassini bread sticks

And the secret and wild ingredient... you ready? drum roll please...... dllllllluuuuuuuum!
1/4 cup Vanilla Almond Milk. (I know, I know, but try it. Its great!)

I started by cooking the chicken in my favorite spices (herby, smoked paprika and some red pepper) and just a little bit of olive oil.

While they are cooking, I chop up the squash and broccoli into small bite sized pieces and add all the spices and liquids to it and let it chill for a moment in the fridge. The combo of the vinegar and the milk really soak into the veggies well. DO NOT ADD THE TOMATOES YET.

After cooked, the chicken gets chopped as well and mixed in with the veggies. THEN, I cut the cherry tomatoes in half and mix them in. They stay fresher this way and don't turn into mush. I sprinkle the flax seed to add a little nutty taste and some awesome Omega 3 and 6's and stick a single bread stick into the bowl.

Presto! Amazing tasting and full of flavor. This will make about 4 small servings or 2 hefty ones. Remember to chew your food up a lot to break down everything so the natural enzymes can really peak and do their job.

Enjoy!

-evan

4 comments:

  1. I'm thinking....instead of a law office and shoe store like on Harry's Law....Evan's Snapshots, a photography studio and organic grill!!! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, in case you don't know, it's Fearless Fred.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to try this – just the veggies, no meat. A sprinkling of nutritional yeast would also be a yummy addition.

    ReplyDelete